Monday, 8 October 2012

Teaching Writing - an introduction

Teaching Writing

the first class....

Today we were introduced to the Teaching Writing module.  I had thought that this might be a subject that was to be a painful necessity - not a subject for my heart (which wants to learn more about the craft of writing) - but one for the head (that knows that this will assist in converting my creative writing skills into teaching English, and help to get a PGCE place).  However, I have been rather wonderfully surprised! 

This module seems well set out, with examination of relevant pedagogy as well as encouraging the practise of theory and individual exploration and reflection, which really appeals to me.

I feel that by learning to teach writing, I will actually be learning to teach myself better writing, and therefore become a better teacher! We all win!  This cycle of knowledge is what I am referring to in the title of my blog, Learning Teaching Teaching Learning.

Part of the course is the maintenance of this Blog, in which I will chart my experience of the course, clarify my thoughts about the issues raised, materials read and discussions had.  I hope to include all the exercises and ideas I find useful in one easily accessed place. 

I can't wait now, for the learning, and the teaching to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment